Combines F and K Gleaner

Trent

I was just curious about your setup- concaves, cleaning, etc. I am running a K and don't have a lot of experience. I took the separator beater out because it wrapped in beans.

Gator

First thing ,I need to know is do you have a belt drive cylinder or a chain drive. Belt is what I have on both my units. First I put on a 16" pulley, then I took out bars n1,3and5 from the concave door. If the beans start to "wrap" the cylinder , slow it down, if not speed it up as long as it doesent split the beans. The more moisture the beans have the more bars you will have to put back in. Put the Feederbeater back in, I have a feeling this is causing you to have to slow down, or slowing you down at least. Next you must keep GOOD belts on the machine. We replace ours every other year. I know this seems costly and if you only have a small amount it aint pratical, so atleast remove the tension at the end of the season and hae a GOOD shed for storage. We also replace all bearings behind pulliesevery 3 years, and just dont have the dovn time our neighbors do.If can be of any help ,or if this helps let me know. What is your present set up nowIJ

Trent

I'm running 16" pulley, thresher beater is in, no problems feeding or wrapping there, it wrapped the beater over the walkers. I have seen many of these removed and some that never had one. I'm running channells in n1 and n3 . Is the standard chaffer and seive best on the cleaning endIJ