Combines f diesel dying

STICK

Check injector pump. We had the same problem on our F2 and it turned out to be the injector pump. The machine would run fine at full throttle and then just die on it's own. After 5 minutes, it would crank back up.

Mark

We used to run an F2 diesel, have you checked fuel filters and the screen in the bottom of the fuel tankIJ

Russ_SCPA

It may well be the O-ring in the pump. However I had an F diesel give me fits the same way for a year. Turned out to be some crap (corn leaves, some dummie forgot to put fuel tank lid back on) in fuel tank sloshing over tank outlet. Take the fuel bowl off, clean out fitting feeding bowl, then with high pressure air blow all lines out in reverse direction as to fuel flow.

Herb

last year I had a similar problem with our l2, it would run for about 2 Hrs., then we'd get a fuel restriction warning. I'd clean our the sediment bowl and find, a clear snotlike substance on the screen and hairlike streaks in the bowl itself. Took the fuel tank off and washed it out, but the same problem continued. Changed fuel filter nothing helped. ** learned this year from a local automotive store, that they believed we had bacteria in the diesel fuel, they sold me some stuff called Ag Trac conditioner** Problem solved. I was skeptical at first but worked this Fall without fuel problem.

tbran

try this, remove the fitting coming out of the TOP of the fuel inj pump. It is the one with the line from the drip line that runs to All the injectors. It is right beside the the two little wires. Remove the fitting and pop out the tear shapped little washer and remove the spring and ball in the fitting. You probably have the elastocast washer coming apart in the gov. bracket. Small bits of rubber get in the system, block the return and thus shuts down the delivery of fuel to the pump. Upon rebuild one day they will put in a new valve which I see is not critical in this application. It is on say a 4020 deere where the pump is stood on its nose.

jr

on my f3 filter fell off pick up tube in tank and would roll around un till it would get sucked up by the pickup causing a lack of fuel but not enough to set a warning light off