Farmers' role in the Paris agreement

greg

greg

Farm Hand
President Biden recommitted the United States to the Paris climate agreement, an accord designed to avert catastrophic global warming. Do you think countries are doing enough to curb carbon emissions? Also, how can farmers play their part?

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
One of the big ones is to stop tilling the land since it releases carbon from the soil, but I don't think large-scale farmers will ever make the switch to the no-till method. And maybe they're not being unreasonable. It's hard to balance the need for affordable food against protecting the environment.

jack

jack

Farm Hand
One of the big ones is to stop tilling the land since it releases carbon from the soil, but I don't think large-scale farmers will ever make the switch to the no-till method. And maybe they're not being unreasonable. It's hard to balance the need for affordable food against protecting the environment.
I don't see how large-scale farmers can adopt the no-till method. It suits smaller farms on sloping terrains. I understand that the Paris agreement targets to reduce carbon emissions. In this case, it will be hard to have measures that cut across all countries, regardless of industrialization levels.