strydeman

Farm Hand
Farming is a profession of hope. - Brian Brett

NHFARMERCBH

NHFARMERCBH

No matter how much I hoped for rain this summer it never came

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Yeah, sometimes it just doesn’t arrive and other times it won’t stop!!! ?
It's been so dry our creek went dry for the first time since our town was founded over 200 years ago.

Petal to the Metal

Petal to the Metal

Golden Chicken
It's been so dry our creek went dry for the first time since our town was founded over 200 years ago.
Don't you wish you could dial into the Midwest, where their farms are being flooded? I've had that thought while my state (California) has been burning to the ground. What I wouldn't give for a giant fire hose connected to their flooded fields and what they wouldn't give to see us drain their fields to restore their correct moisture levels.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Don't you wish you could dial into the Midwest, where their farms are being flooded? I've had that thought while my state (California) has been burning to the ground. What I wouldn't give for a giant fire hose connected to their flooded fields and what they wouldn't give to see us drain their fields to restore their correct moisture levels.
Climate change is real, and we're paying the price for many years of people not caring about our planet. Not trying to be controversial, but it's the truth.

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
Climate change is real, and we're paying the price for many years of people not caring about our planet. Not trying to be controversial, but it's the truth.
There are loads of farmers who don't believe that. I find it baffling because if you grow ANYTHING, you have to see how the climate is changing. I still have veggies coming in and it's October. It's now impossible to grow broccoli here. Even the kind that's less likely to bolt, absolutely bolts because it gets too hot, too fast. In a year or two, I bet I won't be able to grow anything in June, July, or August because the droughts are severe and it's too dang hot. I argue with people all the time about it. I don't see how they don't see it.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Yup, I agree. Same thing here in upstate New York. Our creek went dry. I talked to the town historian, and it hasn't been dry in the history of our town, which is from the early 1700's, so it's dry for the first time in 300 years. There are more hurricanes in the southeast, than there have ever been, and they're strong than ever. I DO NOT want this to turn political, this is a real nice forum, I don't want people to argue, but it certainly makes a difference regarding farming.