Combines FD 70 on R 75

• Thread starter Illinois_Gleaner
  • Start date

Illinois_Gleaner

When you say you cant get it to cut very well,do you mean it wount feedIJ wont cut them offIJ I am running one one a A85 and we are running 5.5 in 50bu beans and love it. Its a 40ft running the tilt out just past C feeds perfect wet or dry. IG

silverluv

seems to feed fine, I just don't think that it cuts as well as it should. Checked the speed on the sickle drive and that is at correct speed. I just do not think that the reel sweeps the cutterbar good enough. How low are you running your reel. I was wondering if I should play with the lowering adjustment on the cylinders. It seems to be 2-3 inches above the cutterbar. I am not sure how low you can go without cutting the teeth off when it smiles or frowns.

Illinois_Gleaner

I would lower it down. Ours is real close. I dont think you would cut fingers because your reel moves with your head,I think that is where Agco is going to have trouble with there one piece reel on there flex head. Ours is running right off the top of the guards.Moving the reel in and out also,make sure the reel is sweeping at its lowest point right behind the guards.What size is yoursIJ You should be able to move alot faster then a flex head of the same size,if its tough feeding (short beans,damp conditions) everyones can feed nice tall beans. I wouldnt even consider an auger head anymore. IG IG

silverluv

When u say that u are running just past the C, is that as far forward as it will goIJ Mine will only go to the C, then the cylinder bottoms out. This is on a 35ft. We rented another machine a Massey 9795 with a 974 36ft today and that head u can tilt down until the guards nose right in the dirt and the sickle also goes faster on that one than mine.