Food and the Coronavirus

Chickadee

Chickadee

Farm Hand
I don't know about everyone else, but I was wondering if I needed to do anything different on my farm regarding crops and coronavirus. I found this extensive Q&A from the US Food and Drug Administration and thought I'd share it with the rest of you.

The good news is that so far there is no known association between food and its packaging with the transmission of the virus.

Link to Q&A: Food Safety and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Kyle M

Kyle M

Farm Hand
I don't know about everyone else, but I was wondering if I needed to do anything different on my farm regarding crops and coronavirus.

I'm sure your operation is sanitary, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about. This whole thing started with bats in a wet market in China. From what i've read, those places are as unsanitary as it gets.

Homestead Hustle

Homestead Hustle

Farm Hand
Thank you for sharing this information It is a relief to me. I know that the virus survives on hard surfaces for up to a few days, so I'm glad to read that it hasn't been shown to transmit through food.

Giselle

Farm Hand
I think it’s always good to have a community like this one that we can share instant news with each other about the agricultural industry under corona. It’s a hard time to cope with and I guess we should be all fine.