Goat yoga

Petal to the Metal

Petal to the Metal

Golden Chicken
Have you ever heard of it? It's pretty popular in California. There are even mobile studios that will bring the goats right to your home. That's what I'm considering. A yoga instructor contacted me about using my goats for her mobile studio since my goats are minis, docile, and well-trained. This could be a lucrative deal and would bring in income during the winter months, but I'd have to go with her too in order to command the goats and that would eat into my other business priorities. What other pitfalls should I consider?

Smarty Plants

Smarty Plants

Farm Hand
I've seen it on television, but not in person, Petal to the Metal. What if someone is injured and blames your goats or the mishandling of your goats (blames you)? Have you thought about insurance and the costs involved with that?

Petal to the Metal

Petal to the Metal

Golden Chicken
I asked about that, Smarty Plants, because I had that fear as well. The owner will take out insurance when she opens her new goat yoga mobile studio and it will cover any injuries to the people, to me, and to the goats. Supposedly. I'd need to read the policy of course and would need to make sure our contract exempted me from liability. Thanks for throwing that one in there. Please keep the potential pitfalls coming. I want to go into this with eyes wide open.

greg

greg

Farm Hand
When a friend mentioned 'goat yoga' I initially treated it as a joke. Upon further research, I realized that it is a practice that is catching up fast. Goats are adorable animals and watching one such session on YouTube was thrilling.

Farmallh

Farmallh

Golden Chicken
So interesting! I've never heard of goat yoga. Man, they think of everything. I don't have any goats on my farm. I, for one, wouldn't want to try this. I'm going to ask my wife and daughter!

Desi

Desi

Golden Chicken
I have seen this advertised on the internet. I've never tried it. I think it is a great idea for making some extra cash! Hopefully your goats think so.

Andrew T

Andrew T

Farm Hand
I have not heard of it, but it sounds like an interesting idea. What do the goats do during the yoga class? Are your goats used to being around a lot of people? How do they get along with strangers?