Going to put in vegetables too

Gordyg

Gordyg

Farm Hand
My wife is crazy! Not only we buy a couple of new fields with a lot of work to be done, she wants to plant more vegetables. She thinks we have time to run a farmers market. It's true, we can hire some help but I think we should wait one year. I think we should get our new field of grapes going before taken on new adventures.

Henderson

Henderson

Golden Chicken
I just hope enough folks come out to the farmers market to shop to make it all worthwhile. COVID-19 numbers are going down, so I'm hopeful that we'll see more business this spring and summer than we did last year.

Emergency Cake

Emergency Cake

Farm Hand
It sounds like you guys are going to be busy this growing season, @Gordyg. Sometimes that's when you have the most fun. I wish you both lots of success!

Shelbii

Shelbii

Farm Hand
Wow... I read some of your other posts and I agree with you. It seems like a lot but it's doable! You guys will be busy for sure. Do you have animals too?

BIGRED

BIGRED

Golden Chicken
Busy busy busy. I think it is a great idea if your wife wants to do it. From what I have read, running a vineyard is a tough job with long hours. I'd venture into wine making or opening a brew house.

Birdie

Golden Chicken
I think you're correct that it's too much at once. I hate to be the Negative Nancy of the group, but I'd focus on improving your grape fields first. Especially since your pruning is already off schedule.

Gordyg

Gordyg

Farm Hand
@Birdie That is exactly what I'm talking about. We only have so many hours in a day. I can't imagine finding the time to do both 100%. She is actually leaning towards my opinion now.