Growing Everything You Eat

Kathy

Kathy

Farm Hand
Have you all ever tried to grow all of your own food? We grow crops on our farm, but we certainly don't grow everything we eat. I just read a story about a man who grew everything he ate for an entire year! What a cool accomplishment. I wonder if he will continue to do this or if it was just an experiment for him to see if he could actually do it or not.

The Big Cowhuna

The Big Cowhuna

Golden Chicken
I would love to read about it if you care to share the article. I think it's a neat idea and it would be fun to try. I just never thought about it before. I live in Texas and it stays pretty warm. We could also add a greenhouse, I suppose. Still, orange trees likely wouldn't flourish and oranges would be tough to give up.

Paul

Paul

Farm Hand
That is so inspirational. I would love to read the article as well. I'm not sure I could personally do it, but I would like to grow more of what we eat around here.

Homestead Hustle

Homestead Hustle

Farm Hand
Wow, I cannot even imagine! That's very inspiring. I'm not sure I could do this myself, but I would like to add to our produce garden - the one we have out back to use in our own home.

jack

jack

Farm Hand
Not only is growing everything you eat a great accomplishment, but it is also one of those things you desire to do someday, however long it takes. It would be great to read about that farmer and the pitfalls he underwent because this is no mean feat.

greg

greg

Farm Hand
That is an accomplished farmer who probably has found a way of achieving the delicate balance between animal and crop products. It doesn't look like a cheap venture in the long run, and I am curious to know how the farmer in question achieved this.