Combines Header Creep on 79 M II K S Hydro

tbran

I'm sure you checked the obvious like the check valve and oring 1188525 and 923561 and the poppet oring 1175849 and 926356 poppet SEAT oring. Both poppets should be lappppped (excuse but I need to do n 1- I'm back now) , to the seats. The most over looked part is 1175027 oring for seat 1175027. and while you are in there replace the 71175850 special oring around that long pole- poppet piece. Polish the pole as well as it will have a wear place in it. The chances of a crack are small and they usually get really bad when the hydraulics warm up.. So again check those poppet seat orings... you gotta dig to find them. If you can't find every piece that is in the parts break down - you ain't got it down far enuff. A trick we use to get those seats out is to find a bolt that will just screw in to the seat, then take it and stike the threads with a hammer to make them oval at the bottom. This will swell the non struck threads just enough to let them grip the seat when you try to screw it in now. When it snugs you can now wiggle the seat out. Remember its not how deep you fish its how ,,, no wait thats a different subject, anyway good luck. If you need a faxed breakdown - eemaleme

GaryD

tbran, Thanks for the information. Just one question. Did you mean Part n 926542, Item n24, O-ring, as the "most overlooked part" rather than Part n 1175027IJ

tbran

yes, the oring around the seat. Another trick I have seen used ( I believe) at Cane Eq., la. was they had hyd. press system with an adaptor to plug into things like valves on loaders and cane harvesters and such; they would then pump up to say 2000n and watch for leaks with valves removed from machines. Zero leakage is almost impossible as most valves are designed to leak internally just a little for lubrication but not enough to interfere with operation.