Combines Hemp Hemp Hooray

johnboy

I know it's April 1st over there but there have been hemp growing trials here in Aust. for a few years now,only they have taken the kick out of the hooch. you could smoke a truckload of the trial stuff and not get high.but the funny thing is you still need a police check to grow it.

johnboy

perhaps lbran or tbran could make a hooch or moonshine special gleaner. might be more money in those crops than wheat or sorghum. :) by the way Rolf the sorghum is coming off at the moment and the yields are from 2.5 to a best of 4.8 tonnes per acre dryland so we really need those big trucks because in a test the other day the 72 was doing 72 tonnes per hour unloading on the go. un fortunatealy getting the grain away is the problem

T__langan

I believe there has been discussion about it here in Veeskonsin, but that's about it. I remember reading about you dudes down there in KY wanting to get into growing legal hippy weed - I think it's a great idea. It was grown around here back during WWII to make rope, etc with. I think the big stink with the lawmakers is not the ideal of people trying to smoke the industrial hemp, it's the fact that the crooks would be able to grow their illeagal stuff in_next to the industrial hemp and the feds wouldn't be able to easily tell it apart. Remember the "Corn Pac" model GleanersIJ I can see it now - "Pot Pac" models with psychodelic paint schemes and peace symbols on the sides! I'd paint the words "Still Smokin'" across the back of mine! Peace, Man!

lbran

Tonnes, let me see here, that's what we call tbrans brother except we use one N and one Y.

johnboy

tbran a tonne is close to 2200 pounds,also sorghum(milo) prices are still holding even with the big yields. corn will start coming off in three weeks or so. john