Hot air balloons

Ritar

Farm Hand
Has anyone ever gone for a ride in a hot air balloon? It was our annual balloon festival in our town this weekend. We always "house" a "balloonist" and their family. In return, we go for a ride. I love it!

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
No, I'm afraid of heights and wouldn't be able to handle it. You are so brave! I bet you get some lovely views while up in the sky.

GrowPro

Farm Hand
No, but I would love to. I've never even seen one in real life. How cool is that you get to be up close and personal with a balloonist. I didn't even know there was such a thing.

Holii

Farm Hand
I've seen many but am too chicken to actually go up in one. The festival sounds fabulous! How many balloons usually come? I've been to a few festivals that had around 50 balloons. I love the different colors and shapes.

Farmallh

Golden Chicken
That's awesome that you house these guys. I've always wondered where they stay. I imagine they travel all around (balloonist).

I've never been up in one but I have "chased" them. I've helped take them down, fold them up and drink the celebratory champagne after.

TammiT

Farm Hand
Lucky Lucky you @Ritar!! I wish I could go up in a hot air balloon. Is it scary? How was your first time? Are you harnessed in? I would be afraid of falling out!