Combines hugger kit slopeIJ

tbran

could it be the "wedge kit" that makes the hugger even lower angleIJ Usually with the addition of feeder drum shock kit we have been letting the lower stop down and the upper stop up and never touching them again. What specific feeding problems are you having and in what conditions. We have all types of corn and really don't have a feeding problem on 40-70's. BTW we are no leaving off the throat kit on huggers adapted to 42-52's , leaves a few ears there when you unhook but other than that no probs. Maybe some others can help as well if we have alittle more info..

Brian

We don't have a feeding problem in either corn or soybeans if we adjust the feeder chain properly. That is for soybeans we put the chain in the lower position and for corn we lengthen the chain with a half link and then put in upper position. This is exactly like our manual says to run the chain. Again, it works great. However, I thought I saw a post on here about a kit for to improve the feeding for hugger heads. I thought perhaps this "kit" would reduce some of this adjusting inconvience when switching from soybeans to corn. What is this wedge kitIJThanks, Brian

T__langan

Brian - We left both drums on full float (upper stop "up" and lower stop "down") for all crops. We never had to adjust the feeder chain at all. Never experienced feeding problems with a Hugger. I might add that we didn't have the shock kit either but were going to add it for this season but ended up trading for a 52. I can't comment yet on Hugger feeding with this machine as we haven't started corn harvest yet. We do run the feeder chains on "Slow" for corn and "fast" for small grains and beans. There was some talk here awhile back about the flighting on Huggers not overlapping in the center of throat. Seems someone noticed corn piling up here but We've not had this problem. Seems the solution was to add a bit to the flighting so that it overlapped and pushed corn into the throat better. Have a safe and fun harvest - hey it's always fun with a Gleaner but how safe is it traveling at the speed of soundIJ Hahahaha