Combines I was in Hesston last weekend and this is what I saw

Deerebines

Something new I havn't heard aboutIJ I got the brochure last winter the minute I heard about the newest class 8 massey and they still show the r series in there plus the A85 painted your barn tin silver and black. What are you talking aboutIJ

Illinois_Gleaner

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Good one barn tin silver and black. I think you must be color blind ,or have never seen the new models,because they are all grey on the bottom,wether it is a Gleaner ,Massey or a Challenger. As you can see I named them in order. First second and third. IG

Deerebines

Uuuuuu whatIJ Barn tin silver, grey, whatever. Close enough. Those kinds of details are minimal. No matter, Your beloved silver seeder A85 still has black. The massey has the red and the challenger (I didn't realize they had one equivelant to those two above yet but if you say so.......) yellar. You can still get an R series gleaner. So what are you griping aboutIJ I've yet to see your point. It's not like they have abandoned the series before the class 8 machine all together. Is your gripe that the same machines have different paint schemes and model numbersIJ

Guy_C

I don,t know what you are complaining about,you can still buy your beloved Gleaner.If Victor Rice had not sold Massey to Agco in 94 there would be no Agco today.local dealer in Saskatoon sells about 12 Massey to 1 Gleaner so every area is different.As far as tractors go you are in left field.

Illinois_Gleaner

Its esay to see that you know nothing about the new combines as all three have the grey underbody. The only thing black on a A85 is the tires,as well as the A75 A65 R65 andR75.You dont get my point and I dont expect you too.If you didnt even know they changed the paint scheme.How would you understand my questionIJThey should have just bought a Deere combine and painted it silver and called it a R85 if paint is what makes a combine. IG

Illinois_Gleaner

Quote (If Victor Rice had not sold Massey to Agco in 94 there would be no Agco today) I sure hope you dont believe that because everyone knows that Massey went broke and had to sell.I am not complaining just making a statement about the number of combines that Agco sells. It is Gleaner n1 by far.And yes every area is different. I am not sure what you are talking about ,saying I am in left field about tractors. IG

allen

one thing i will say illinois gleaner, is that if it wasn't for AGCO there would be no gleaner they have both been bought out either way you slice it, i know i have heard from our MF rep that MF combines are number 1 that is not counting the challenger line. he says over and over they are number 1 but what it sounds like to me is neither of them know whats going on which sounds like agco. i will say one thing our only problems with our combine all came from the gleaner line, hate to say that buts its a fact, feeder house, air conditioner being the main 2, as the mechanic tells us why do u put an air conditioner in all that dust underneath the feeder houseIJ sounds like they are nothing thinking again, the sisu motor i am not sure of yet, i think to get new customers they would much rather have a cummins than a motor they know nothing about. but i could be wrong i hope i am for their sake, i keep hearing they are going to 1 combine, and i'm sure they will lose one of us as a customer either way they go so we will both agree they need to keep them seperate for both ends, i do see making them all one in some aspects to save money, but why did agco offer the mf combine painted silver in the smaller versions i will never know that one as u said somewhere if u wanted one u could buy the red one same here on my end, that still has me asking questions, i know agco has problmes i hope they get them all worked out before it is too late that is for sure, if you lose a person in business its real hard to ever get them back. sorry just my opinion. allen

Deerebines

It's bunholes like you I want to reach through the screen and give a tune up to with your smart mouth. Now young squire, go get out your literature and look again. I have mine sitting in front of me right now with a left hand view of the combine with the auger swung out. The steps are black. The broad stripe that goes 2_3 the way across the side is black. The cylinder that pushes out the unloading auger is black. Yes, the obvious that I'm surprised you seen, the tires are black. The cosmetics around the cab glass are black. The unloading auger boot is black. and even on your A 75 and A65 the rear side rotary screen is painted black. lastly, but not least, if your smart mouth was sitting here in front of me, your eye would be black.........and blue. Now have a nice day knowitall.

Deerebines

And if you loose an ag customer to a lousy paint scheme than it's some young kid talking big with daddys money. I havn't heard IG make one claim against that axial massey design that they made into a class 8. Now if he_she_it could offer up a defense that states how the so called "natural flow" rotary gleaner was better than the status quo availble, then we'd have ourselves a platform for a genuine debate. Till then, it's some smart mouthed kid pe'od over a paint job. Boo frickity hoo. Gimme yer addy illinois gleaner. I'll send you a couple bucks for a new diaper and binky you big baby.

hv_user

What Guy said is right.When Agco got Massey it made Agco a globel company.Make no mistake Massey made Agco what it is today and I am not talking about witch combine they sell the most.