Combines IJ for red

The_Red

Unless the 4400 is dirt cheap and you have readily available supply of parts, I would go with the 6600. I paid $600 for the combine with the 11 foot grain table which I dont' know at this time will be usable or not. I have spent a little over $450 to get it running and would expect to spend another $2,000 easily. I budgeted $3,000 for field ready condition including getting it shipped out to the farm. I hope in that budget to get a decent radio and the nice posture seat with the collapsable armrest.

riceman

I think I will go for the 6600. Both machines were ran two years ago in fall of 1998. Both come with headers. Both have spent the last 2 years outside. The 6600 has a hole in the grain tank but we can fix that, and the augers need reflighting but that is not a big deal. I too will be using this machine as a sort of hobby farming. We run 2 9600's but I still have the need to drive a 6600. Thats were I started out at.

The_Red

What is the asking price on both machines out of curiosityIJ Is it corn heads or grain tablesIJ Inquiring minds want to know!

riceman

the 6600 started right up after putting a hot battery on it. Did not try to move it though. I have already got a head start on where you started.

The_Red

That is great! Glad to here the old girl fired right up. Does it have a 215 grain tableIJ