Combines IJ for red

The_Red

Unless the 4400 is dirt cheap and you have readily available supply of parts, I would go with the 6600. I paid $600 for the combine with the 11 foot grain table which I dont' know at this time will be usable or not. I have spent a little over $450 to get it running and would expect to spend another $2,000 easily. I budgeted $3,000 for field ready condition including getting it shipped out to the farm. I hope in that budget to get a decent radio and the nice posture seat with the collapsable armrest.

riceman

I think I will go for the 6600. Both machines were ran two years ago in fall of 1998. Both come with headers. Both have spent the last 2 years outside. The 6600 has a hole in the grain tank but we can fix that, and the augers need reflighting but that is not a big deal. I too will be using this machine as a sort of hobby farming. We run 2 9600's but I still have the need to drive a 6600. Thats were I started out at.

The_Red

What is the asking price on both machines out of curiosityIJ Is it corn heads or grain tablesIJ Inquiring minds want to know! :)

riceman

the 6600 started right up after putting a hot battery on it. Did not try to move it though. I have already got a head start on where you started.

The_Red

That is great! Glad to here the old girl fired right up. Does it have a 215 grain tableIJ