Combines IJIJ s about 800 Series flex heads

Dan

Tom, No adapter to hook the two different systems together. You can either switch the header to the three position control or switch the combine to the infinate control. I like them both equally but it is nice with the newer infinate control for it remembers where the feeder housing was at for use when cutter bar is locked up. I'm thinking there may be a kit to put new system on your corn head but I'm unsure.I've only been around 800's with Crary air reals and they work perfect in small grain straw laying flat on the ground or standing up proudly. Perfect in short or tall beans. Can't even find anything to modify except for a couple bolts near feeder opening where I remove them but maybe it would be good enough to just remove the excess threads. They are right under rear stripper and right in the flow of the straw. Custumer with green shorts, who owns a R62 with 800 and air reel, was just in braging on how great that setup worked in all his conditions. He compaired it the the same class green machine, which he also owns, which was pluging up regularly. Oh I suppose it was the air reel that kept the Gleaner going and going and going!!!!!! Or maybe on second though it was the green one tring to keep up with the Silver Streak. Have a great harvest. Dan

Kurt

We cut about a 1000 acres of good standing wheat last year with an 800 series head. Work great. We did have a little trouble with wrapping around the auger when the straw got tough. Really couldn't tell any difference cutting with it then the year before with a 400 series rigid head. I do wish that Gleaner had kept the adjustable feeder house, so the head could be tip back a little.

Dan

Kurt, I'm sure you could cure any straw coming over the back by installing one or two channels under the auger. We did that to many 300 and 400's to cure problem. We have never messed with adjustable tilt on our machines but I know of some that did and want it back. I did talk to someone somewhere that was making a filler to shim away bottom to tip head back. That would have to be a rock solid mod for it is deadly if header comes off while standing or moving. Transition floor between header and feeder would also need to be very smooth. I should of mentioned earlier that pickup reels don't work the best in standing wheat without the air assist. We have some that cut the fingers shorter or fastened the rubber paddles on top of the fingers in them conditions. Good day. Dan