Combines IJIJ s about a 7720

Dr__Deere

You will be very happy with your deere. To check for a head gasket simply fill up a clear bottle with water and stick the overflow tube in it. Get the combine to operating temp. and check for bubbles, (Bubbles Bad). If everything checks out I would strongly reccommend plugging off the small hoses, they serve no purpose. As for the shaker pan I run the seperator at low idle and watch the rubber bushings, if they turn inside the hanger they need to be replaced.

95man

WW, On your cooling system, everytime you see it spitting antifreeze, are you adding more back to the systemIJ Remember as the coolant heats it expands and your radiator cap maybe letting some by to keep the system pressure where it should be. Is there any water in your oilIJ Have you drained the crankcase yet, if you got water in there it will be on the bottom. I wouldn't think it's a head gasket, those 466's are darn good powerplants. As for the shoe bushings, look for worn ones, also look at where the pitman crank drive arm attaches to the shoe and see it the arm is hitting or rubbing the sheet metal. There are 12 rubber bushings on each side of the shoe so 24 total, they come from Deere in boxes of 25, or at least that's the size of box I bought. Might want to check that the shaker shoe is square with the separator body, that could be your noise problem. I know a guy from Minnesota who warned me of this problem, usually happens when the combine is pulled out if it has gotten stuck. If it's pulled at an angle, then the chance of frame getting pulled awak is pretty good. I just recently bought a 78 model 7700, so I'll keep you informed, keep in touch about the 7720. 95man

dr_deere

The hoses I am referring to is not the overflow hose. On the early ones there were two plastic valves screwed in on the side at the top of the radiator that had hoses running to one another.