Interstate Vs Duracell Car Battery

Vincent

What are your thoughts on Interstate vs Duracell car batteries? I've always preferred Interstate, but am I just set in my ways?

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
I've had nothing but trouble with Interstate batteries. About 15 years ago, I bought one at my local tractor parts store for my old 1951 Ferguson tractor. Within 2 months the battery wouldn't hold a charge. I brought it back to the tractor parts store, and the owner, who was a friend of mine, gave me a new one. Within a month that one wouldn't hold a charge. The parts store owner gave me my money back and told me to buy a battery from NAPA, he gave me that parts number of a battery that would match. He told me that he was having all sorts of trouble with Interstate batteries and was going to stop carrying them.

Two years ago, my wife was in our pickup truck in town and the truck wouldn't start. Luckily she was walking distance from our mechanic, who also carried Interstate batteries, and he put one in for her. Last week, the battery was dead in the truck and wouldn't hold a charge. Two years???? Are you kidding???? I took the battery out and went to Advanced Auto and got one of their batteries. I 've been using their batteries for years with no problem. A few years ago, Consumer Reports rated Advanced Auto batteries one of the best, and I've had real good luck with them in all of my vehicles and farm equipment.

I've never used Duracell car batteries, so I can't say how they are.

Wildlife

Wildlife

Bean Stalker
Had good luck with Interstate or Delco battery yet to try Duracell.