Combines Is the G the best gleaner made to dateIJ

deere4ever

did gleaner ever make a good combineIJ all the ones ive see havent impressed me.

Redman

well i can comply with you on that but i didnt say that it was the best machine ever, just said the best GlEANER ever

tbran

ive seen your comments and respect them; however aren't you the poster that somewhere said Cindy Crawford didn't impress you eitherIJIJ what chance does an innovative combine company have then to impress oneIJ

T__langan

To a person who has only operated red or green combines, the "G" would be quite an impressive machine - a MAJOR step up in the world! Stop back again, we enjoy the entertainment!

bigphil

I hope not. I still have nightmares about that n%and*! feeder beater! The rock trap was no fun either. I gave up on silver after running C's, C II's, and G's. I'm not saying I wouldn't go back, especially if they come out with a 54 ft header for us dryland farmer-stockmen.

Dan

In my opinion No but it was one of the stepping stones in over 75 years of the Gleaner combine. The Gleaner rotary of today would take the prize in my book for reasons to numerous to expand on. like they said to Mikey. Try it you might like it. Hey, he likes it, he likes it, he likes it. Keep on Gleaning, 10-4.

lbran

G I don't know, but it had the best hydro of any combine in it's class when it was made. I cleared a whole 8 lane intersection out with one back in '78, at the Dairy Queen in Paris, Tn. That 6 row corn head plowed all the way thru traffic, peeling everything from Peterbuilts to Datsuns, only tore up the snouts, and ripped the seat (spastic colon that day) Only problem I had was trying to find the clutch pedal on that baby, hydro's ain't got one.

bigphil

Sorry for not using the correct nomenclature. I was referring to the trapdoor ahead of the cylinder on the bottom of the feederhouse that would pop open everytime you picked up a rock from having to shave the ground to get the short or the down, which is common with dryland wheat pasture.