John Deere Vs Case Ih

Longmore

Why is there such a huge price difference between John Deere vs. Case IH? Are you really getting that much more for your money?

Fishheadbob

I always felt that as soon as green paint is applied the price skyrockets. Then again, 10 years ago after a lot of tractor shopping I was about to bite on a New Holland and stopped in the Deere store not expecting anything. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so I own one. They really knocked a lot off the sticker..

Toymaker

Farm Hand
Are you getting "more" for your $$..

Depends on how you define "more"

Stronger, better engineered tractors that last longer...no.

More resale, brand loyalty, glossier brochures, nicer hats with purchase and more dealers nationwide...yes, you get more.

I am an admitted JD "loyalist" and I will tell you flat out..if you are paying more than 5% for a JD than a comparable Kubota/Massey/New Holland or other "name" - you are paying for the paint.

I might stretch that to 10% on some of the less household names...but still if you dont resell - resale isnt a problem and parts for most modern machines are sourceable via the web.

Who would have thought 30 years ago it would be simpler to source parts for 80 year old machines now than the same machine that was a mere 50 then. Internet has made parts/schematics and research so much simpler than the days of relying on your local dealer parts counter.

Yes, there is still value in buying local - but times change and both buyer and seller must adapt.

Wildlife

Wildlife

Bean Stalker
Another way one could look at it is the over head etc, companies have.

Desi

Desi

Golden Chicken
We own a couple International tractors. They are great! My dad only owned John Deere tractors so he wasn't impressed when we bought IH. I think you're paying for the name.