Combines lift Cylinder leak

Tom

If your cylinder rods are scored, why dont you get better cylinders from a salvage yardIJ If you cant find any, let me know as I might still have a pair. But I couldnt ship them until the next rain day because we are tied up picking corn. Tom Russell

tbran

yes, any crankshaft chromer or industrial chrome place can rechrome them. Had a custome that sent to some place in Memphis Tn and rechromed 2 scarred cyls. for $225 best I can remember. Seems they made them a few thous. oversized and honed the barrell to match. You can buy a standard 3" O-rings with 70926645 back up rings for less than $10.00 for both rams. You don't need the steel ring and wiper seal in the 30 buck kit. Also take a close look at bearing surface. A piston rod that has excessive wobble may never hold a seal. Don't know about any fix for this but this is rare.

TomP

I just finished up for the year Monday. I was afraid that cylinders from a salvage yard would be as bad as I have. I thought I'd check my options out be I did any thing. Thanks for the info.