Combines like to talk with someone about CASE IH IH drills

George_2

510,5100, and 5300 drills are all similar. Check out the box and frame assembly for any cracks. Check out the hoppers for corrosion (especially if a fertilizer drill)and openers for welding and bent parts. Finally check out the disks for diameter. New double disk blades are usually about 14 inches in diameter and when less than 13 inches it is time to replace them. Check out the individual disk price and multiply by the number of disks. A 21x7 has 42 disks. Itis impossible to give a ballpark price since used ones vary anywhere from virtually zero (for a rough old 510 with single disk openers and no soybean press wheels, and rusty hopper) to a trade in of a 5300 built only last year. Check out the price of a brand new one and make your own evaluation of how much the used one is worth in comparison to a new one. In many soil conditions, a drill with 3000 acres on it will have worn out double disk openers (if not already replaced). Perhaps a better way is to express the price as a percentage of new. Generally speaking, a 3000 acre 21x7 with decent press wheels and openers (late 5100 or or early 5300) will bring 50% new price.

bluestem

Thanks for the information. I am wanting a nice one preferably with 6,7 or 7 1_2 spacing an 8 would be alright though and I would also like a plain grain box. There are so many variations in grain drill options and I am open to accept several because they are all fine drills and I am wanting it primarily for wheat and just a general purpose drill. bluestem.

kirk

the high plains journal has a 5200 dd new disc low acre w_grass box for 4000 advetised this week somewhere in ks. check www.hpj.com in machinery for sale