Combines Massey and Challenger owners please read

riceman

Ok I'll bite. My 9790 is not greasable. No alemites on it anywhere unless I've just skipped over them for 4 years. And it still goes in and out like it should. Sometimes if you leave the auger full it won't go back fully in the cradle but we rarely if ever leave the auger full. Where is the grease points atIJ I know the 8780 has a point up top at the upper pin mount but thats the only one there.

semnjoe

there is a two piece "swivel assembly" on my 2005 model 9790....one ring bolts to the auger side the bottom of the swivel bolts to the grain tank. there are 5 or 6 zerks around it with ball bearings inside....there is a seam inside the auger tube that obviously gets dirty from grain dust..dirt...etc...It is a pain!

riceman

Yeah Mine doesn't have anything like that. It does sound like a bad design and I wonder why they changed itIJ I've never had any problems with mine going in or out. I wonder if you could "downgrade" yours to the style like the earlier ones usedIJ I'd like to see that photo sometime. The next time I'm at the dealer I'll have to ask what the deal is.

semnjoe

just stopped in the house....grabbing the camera...hope to post later tonite....i told my dealer this morning i'd like to "downgrade" cuz they obviously changed something.

riceman

Wonder if they put some sort of seal on the inside to keep dust outIJ I know on ours if we run the tank over it'll spill over the left hand side and get all over the same exact area as in the picture. I try not to do that but accidents do happen and its happened 2 times this year so far.