Combines MF9690 throwing beans out the back end

Harvester

What size tires are on the rear of your combineIJ If they are 14.9-24s, the attitude of the machine is adversely affecting the performance of the shoe. We would always raise the rear axle on the 8780s to tilt them down and forward for better shoe performance and lower losses. You lost that ability with the new axle on the first few years of production 9690s, so larger tires are needed. The newer axle incorporates the height adjustment you used to have on the 8780 with thea adjustable flange position.

riceman

Rotor speed sounds high to me. Have you tried slowing it downIJ Fan speed is too high too. Sure you aren't blowing them outIJ I start beans tomorrow with a 9790 so I'll get back tomorrow night and post my settings to see if it helps you.

semnjoe

I have a 9790 and am finding some dry beans on the ground also. Sometimes I see some in the rows i am harvesting....they either came thru the chopper or off the chaff spreader. I am running rotor at 470...fan at 1100...concave at about 3_4 in. beans are 10-12 just a few green stems here and there. yields are in mid 50's.

John_Burns

It would seem if the rear end height were that critical that going up a slight hill would be a bad thing. Are they really that sensitive to being the correct levelIJ John