Midwest cheap crop, decent profit?

Pinewood Acres

Pinewood Acres

Farm Hand
The coronavirus pandemic is already affecting my business and I'm considering different ways of riding it out. Is there a crop suited for the Midwest that is cheap to grow (water, fertilizer, seed/starts) and usually nets a decent profit? It might not exist, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask.

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
Corn, soybeans, and sunflowers all seem popular in that area. I assume that means they grow easily there, but that's a lot of competition, so I'd skip them. What about mushrooms or ginseng?

The Big Cowhuna

The Big Cowhuna

Golden Chicken
Honestly, I don't think your operation will be in any trouble, Pinewood Acres. From what I remember, you've said that different types of trees are your primary crop. People will always need lumber and they're going to make room in their budget for a Christmas tree if at all possible. You've got a lot to keep yourself afloat. To answer your question though, I'd start selling saplings if you don't already.

Pk2uk2us

Pk2uk2us

Farm Hand
How about fish farming... Many ppl are producing expansive fishes within small space using advanced techniques with no competition around, even with soya bean I think if you have right connections you can still make money from tradational produce. I don't know how it works here in states but it works else where in the world.