Combines Mods to which configurationIJ

Dan

Ed, There has only been one pitch of helicals for R50. One number for helical set is std. set of black iron, one number is std.set of chrome and one number is the so called bean kit which is a std. set of chrome with the two extra helicals for top of sep. side with forward cylinder bars to replace any rev. that might be installed. You need to stay away from R52 book when looking for R50 parts. The R52 has same pitch as R50's but are configured only slightly different. Most R52 helicals will fit right in but to avoid confusion you should stay away. The helicals you are finding in the picture in the very latest R52 book are the steep pitch for the large P3 rotors and that is why they have omitted the part numbers and yes they should of left the drawing out of that book. I'm sorry my modem broke down a couple days ago and you must not of recieved my personal message to you to clear up this all for you. I'll post here the numbers I use to fill in the top of sep. side and extend the last helical to within about 3 inches of bearing plate. Use 2 of 71353450 or two 71364592 to fill in gap near top of sep. side. They are the bars that come with bean kit and be sure that carriage bolts that hold them in fit properly for they may need to have sides that are trimmed and square corners on bolts must not be to long. I use a 71353442 and cut to fit for extended last helical out near the bearing plate. Yea we were worried about crop loss ect. when doing some of these things but no complaints so far. In fact the thing that gets most of my custumers is less loss with much greater ground speed. I'm sure someday there will be a complaint of loss and I bet it will boil down to a badly wore concave or bars. If there is a problem of loss when everything is right it would be best to look at half height bars or rasp type channels ect. but not to over look the basics first. Hope that clears it up better for you. Dan

chad

loewen manufactures helical channel bars and could possibly help you out. www.loewenmfg.com