Most durable push mower

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
I have a wedding to attend this summer and they've listed a push mower on their registry with a note beside it that any brand/type will do. They aren't looking for anything in particular, but would like something that will hold up for a few years. I haven't decided on a budget yet. I guess I'll do that once I see what my money can get, since I haven't shopped for a push mower in years.

MC

MC

Administrator
Staff member
Gas or battery? How big is their lawn?

ms&r

Farm Hand
Push mower, hands down Honda, in a class of it's own and cost the same as most others. Be sure and use regular gas in a brand like Shell and be sure and run it dry at the end of the season and it will last years and years. If it don't start on the first pull, you might want to check the gas.

FarmHand

FarmHand

Golden Chicken
Push mower, hands down Honda, in a class of it's own and cost the same as most others. Be sure and use regular gas in a brand like Shell and be sure and run it dry at the end of the season and it will last years and years. If it don't start on the first pull, you might want to check the gas.

I would agree with this. There's a reason pretty much every single pro lawn mow service uses a Honda walk behind. A few months ago I saw some on sale too.

Burrdock

I agree, Honda is the best. I also have an old push mower sold by Snapper with a Fuji Heavy Industries engine with a sleeved cylinder. It has been trouble free for thirty two years, but it was expensive when I bought it, around $500, and I don't think Snapper offers it anymore.

lschultz

I bought one of them Commercial grade Honda mower. A little expensive but worth it. Starts first try it not second. Had it several years and no problems. I buy the non ethanol fuel and run that in it. Cuts great. I use to have an old Snapper two cycle I had for many years and it was a good one till it finally gave up.

Tommy63

Tommy63

Farm Hand
The push reel mowers with no engine seem to last forever.:D