Combines Mud

IowaDan

Hey, It's only October 15th, thats to early to cut up the fields. Give it a week and see what things are like. I remember with the old F2, that when it stopped going forward, I could always back out. Never did get her stuck but I'm not sure about the R42. I haven't had to fight mud since I've had her. Pray for sunshine and 25mph dry winds.

Jr64

My R62 doesn't float either. I've been stuck three times this year. I have mostly sandy soil with a blue clay layer at 8' When the profile gets full, like it is now, it turns to quicksand. In one instance, I pulled it out and there wasn't enough dirt stuck on the tires to make a mud ball. Another instance I got within 5' of a huge rock someone had tried to dig around and dig out two years ago. There was no base there either. I'm glad Gleaner has such a strong frame to pull on. I wrap two chains around the cross member right in front of the rear axle. I put each chain on each side approximately where the steering cylinders are. Be careful not to get anything pinched between the chain and the frame. I hook the chains together and run them around the drawbar pin of the Steiger to help equalize the pull. So far, so good.

bean_grower

before you go out run a cable from the front axle to rear and then back to the front. This way you can hook on the cable and you are pulling from the front axle instead of the frame or fear axle. We did this years ago on our l3 and have used it many times, it's a real time saver.

Gleamer

Tbran, it breaks my heart to hear of your area's drought. I got news yesterday that our local elevator is full and having to haul any beans that are yet to come in right back out at a 40 cent charge and no storage available. I was PO'd and self centered about it until seeing your comment. For what it's worth, we wish you and your area well, Gleamer

tbran

Customer came in Mon, his bean crop averaged 3 bu _a. - some are coming in @ 15 bu - highest we have heard is 22 bu _a on real early beans. May have some 20 bu after disaster wheat crop.

riceman

We went to the summer tractor pull in Paris and it looked like most stuff was ready to combine then. The week before Easter we bought a Terragator in Greenfield and lots of corn was being planted and then we got home and hear that the frost go 99% of everything we just saw getting planted. We lucked out and hadn't started planting anything yet but I know of a few rice fields that got damaged. Our wheat was just like yours. 40 bu was the max and I cut a few hundred acres of 15-25 bu. Our irrigated beans are doing ok but the dryland ones aren't going to be worth cutting.

mickyd

try not to get stuck!!!! that's hard to do for sure. rwa and floater tires do a lot . I have a set of 67-34-30 goodyear terra tires (traction flo-grip) for sale . they are mounted on rims for m and l series combines. the rims will also work on some grain carts. tires were new in 2000 and have been shedded for last five years. tread is 90% price is 2000 location is central illinois delivery is available for a fee call 217 825 3982 or email macfarm1@consolidated.net

Marshaltown_Farms

Follow the inside front otherwise if spaced out between duals one of the rears will find the track and pull the back end over.

Illinois_Gleaner

For sure make them follow the front inside tires,other wise you will be going down through the field side ways. IG