Tractors Must-have farming equipment

greg

greg

Farm Hand
Ask any farmer what they like doing most, and they will probably tell you that it is shopping for farm equipment that counts most. The options available often depend on the budget. In my opinion, any farm should at least have a tractor, mower, rakes, sickles, balers and a truck. Combines, a cultipacker and ploughs can also be acquired, depending on the available budget.

Kyle M

Kyle M

Farm Hand
A pick-up truck is the must-have to end all must-haves. Technically, it is farm equipment that is designed to haul other equipment to the farm, town, or wherever equipment is needed. That's why you see so many with commercial plates.

You can't do anything without a truck.

Homestead Hustle

Homestead Hustle

Farm Hand
I agree - you have to have a pick-up truck! We use ours all the time. I don't know how we'd get anything done without it. A tractor is also definitely essential if you grow crops.

Paul

Paul

Farm Hand
I would add handcarts to this list. We use ours all the time. They're great for moving bags of feed and bales of hay. They are lightweight and make chores easier on your back.

leon

leon

Golden Chicken
How about utility vehicles (UTVs) and all-terrain vehicles (ATVs),especially if you have a big farm? They can save you a lot of time plus you can use them to haul the harvest or tow small trailers.

Chris T

Chris T

Farm Hand
I believe that the necessary and must-have farming equipment will depend on the size of the farm and the variety of available functions on the farm. A farm truck becomes useful whenever a farmer wants to make long trips, pull a trailer or drive it through the fields.

FarmHand

FarmHand

Golden Chicken
A farm hand is the most important equipment. :p:p:p

leon

leon

Golden Chicken
A farm hand is the most important equipment. :p:p:p
Lol, how come no one has ever looked at it from this point of view? They are a useful component in the day-to-day running of the farm. Not only do they perform numerous tasks throughout the day; they also help the farmer manage the different areas of the farm, aside from operating heavy farming machinery.

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
A sturdy wheelbarrow is a must for me and I use more string on a day-to-day basis than anything else. You can solve so many problems with string. I also rely on my tablet and laptop a lot, but I know most folks don't think of those things as farm equipment.

FarmHand

FarmHand

Golden Chicken
A well equipped shop. Not a real farm without one!