Combines N 6 gleaner impeller

Dan

Hi Roger, Glad to hear whatever I suggested for spreader must of helped. I had a guy buy just the new paddles for discharge beater but I'm unsure how he fastened them on or how he had to mod them to get them to work. You must be sure to have them clear the floor as much as they do on the new machines. I'm unsure if the metal is as thick on the old beater but if it is I would think you only have to drill the holes. I have a bunch of new and slightly used beaters of the new style that were taken out of machines to install chopper and I'm told they fit right in. I have a couple of chopper rotors for older machines but am missing the clutch, pulleys, housing, ect. Installing a chopper on them early machines was quite a chore. You may have to keep looking for a complete machine that you can get all the goodies off of and be ready for a big job. I'm not sure if you know but the chopper would go where the beater is know so a G chopper won't help you out much. I talked to someone onetime that incorporated some sort of chopper or cutter as part of the cylinder to chop the straw as it neared the discharge but I just can't find any notes on it. Best of luck. Dan

Dan

Roger, I measured an old and new discharge beater and find you would need bigger shaft, bearings, pulley, and not sure what else. So even though it would go right in there it would be quite alot more changing. The metal that you would need to drill out on old beater to fasten new style blades appears to be a gauge thinner but with a backup plate added where bolts go threw you should be OK. I would drill the holes so paddles are off the floor the same as newer machines and you may need to straghten out rolled back area of old beater to help support the new discharge paddle. Extent the gusset if you do straighten out rolled back area and check balance to see that one side isn't to heavy when all done. Good luck. Dan

DEE

I am in north GA.about 15 miles south of Cleveland TN. As for a price,I don't know what it is worth. Make an offer.

DEE

We are in North GA, approx. 15 N. of Chatsworth, GA As for price, I don't know what it's worth. Make an offer.

roger

A salvage yard priced a chopper and parts I needed to change for $500.00 +shipping in Dec. Turned out he did not have one after all. I live in Harrington Delaware.

roger

A salvage yard priced a chopper and parts I needed to change for $500.00 +shipping in Dec. Turned out he did not have one after all. I live in Harrington Delaware.

DEE

I looked at the chopper,an it;s not in to good of shape. I would not go to the trouble of putting it in. We bought the machine for the engine, never ran the combine.

DEE

I looked at the chopper,an it;s not in to good of shape. I would not go to the trouble of putting it in. We bought the machine for the engine, never ran the combine.