Combines N6 reverser

Dan

We have not put a reverser on a N6 for many years now. As I can remember it wasn't too bad but can't tell you the hours it would take. The first reversers were not as good as the latest but were a heck of a lot better than nothing. The first reversers had a one way clutch and needed to be tore down and cleaned out every year or two. If clutch got to dirty it would start to drag and then burn up. The newer reversers would not have the one way clutch and have been no trouble at all. You would get the newer system if you ordered one for your N6. The newer system also has more power than the old system. Instead of replacing the one way clutch of the old system the guys have been putting on the new kit. Hope that helps. Dan

bfarm

Speaking of N6 reversers,my 85 N6 reverser seems like it has no power.Even when the machine is empty it barely turns the feeder backwards.It does move so I beleive the solenoid valve is working ,What can I checkIJ Is there a relief valve that could be weak or the hyd motor wore outIJ

Dan

I would check to see that No. 1 solinoid valve is also engageing. If not you will only be getting standby presure to the orbit motor. Crank the steering hard one way and hold it to see if that speeds up the reverser. If steering works well, feeder lifts a heavy header well, and unloading auger swings well the relief should be OK. I would doubt a weak orbit motor. Good luck. Dan

Dr__Gleaner

I have installed 2 reversers on N-6 machines. The kit you need is from AGCO and is for the late R-60,R-70 machines. These will retrofit back to the N series and have the newer style clutch in the kit, plus wiring, valve body, and instructions.