Combines NDDan R52 floor kit

tbran

the drop floor kit will amaze you as to the performance increase. After installing Dan's kit in my R50 I have only used the feed reverser , well I can't remember the exact n but it went from several times a day to a few times per season - and most of that was to remove a cob from the corn head stripper plates. It also takes the load off the belt drives and feeder chains.

Gleamer

I know it's the pinch point in our machine, I never work the cylinder hard unless its a wad going in. More banging from the back chain than I would like, need to check the shocks to make sure they dont have a dead spot in them. New chains front and back and wore in and tensioned properly. Been thinking of getting a set of 800 radials for the front so the front may sit down a few inches and help the feederhouse angle as well, we needed new rears and put a set on back that were a bit taller and wider than factory and that helped the shaker a bit I believe. Cant wait till this fall, we switched our 6-30 corn head and planter to 8-22 last year, she handled it pretty well at 3.5 mph standard throat, hope to run a little harder and keep it full and get a cleaner sample. Thanks Gleamer

kw

do you make this for the N series also. Guess I thought it was only for the R' X2's and above, but seeing tbran having it on his 50 makes me wonder.

Krawler

I am curious aswell. We have an N6 that would benefit, plus some holes had worn into the hump area that I patched up last year. A new piece should be installed.

NDDan

No I have nothing for N's although I have used the floor I make for newer machines and cut to fit a N. Access door under rear feed sits further ahead on the N's so the floor I make is to long. It needs to be cut a bit shorter and you have to be very carefull how you cut old floor from cross brace that supports it. The R50 is most similar to newer machines not the older N's. All the N's and R50's had the tail end of front feed 2" shorter thus they make better transition between chains than the 1993 and newer machine. This is why I have been shortening the tail end of front feed not only two inches but three for a few years now. The N's and prior to 1993 machine could have floor shortened an inch and still seal up fine.

Gleamer

Dan, what are the floor kits selling for on the 96 model 52"s Thanks Gleamer

Gleamer

Sign me up, let me know when ready and will call your store. Hope it comes with some instruction and diagrams, I am known to tweek an idea to far and make it worse if you know what I mean. TIA Gleamer

Gleamer

Sign me up, let me know when ready and will call your store. Hope it comes with some instruction and diagrams, I am known to tweek an idea to far and make it worse if you know what I mean. TIA Gleamer