Combines need concave rotor settings for tough canola stems

Dan

I would suggest to shim helicals with 1_4" flat iron or double stack them and install green stem kit for the slugging in cage. Also get rid of reverse cylinder bars. I would install more filler bars in concave for the excessive unthreshed pods. Extended concave is going to grind straw more than normal concave. Maybe to reduce affect of longer concave you could make up some thick filler bars for front 3 or 4 cells and follow them with you normal filler bars. Good luck. Dan

Dan

David, Yes I'm sure you can get a pair of forward rasp bars for seperator side from a Sunnybrook dealer (AGCO). We stay with all channel helicals or all flat iron helical all the way threw. Channel helical kit for P1 (bean kit) is quite spendy but is my favorite. 1_4" shim kit works fine and we have local machine shop make them. We made some ourselves years ago and they do have to be bent and twisted to fit back side of helical. Most worn helicals can be turned to get the sharp edge leeding. Piggyback kit is vertially the same as 1_4 shim kit but the it steps it up by 3_8". We haven't installed any Piggyback kit but have sold 100 plus 1_4" shim kits. Nothing but less HP required when shimming, doublestacking, or installing channel helicals. If you purchase the channel helical set (bean kit) do not install the flat irons and angle iron flow retarder that come with the kit. I'm unsure what we have on hand. You may want to call if you want something shipped out today. 7018946363 Thanks. Dan