Combines NEED HElP WITH BETTER SOYBEAN CUTTING

Silver_Smiles

We have a 500 series flex head, 30 ft, and just put the new SCH Sickle on it. We had the tiger jaw, or double cut sickle on this head before we changed. The new SCH is a great improvement in my opinion, it provides a much cleaner cut, and has increased our ground speed. However, this new sickle "is not the wheel", so keep that in mind, but does improve the cut, and increases ground speed. Our problem is that the beans will only feed into the hungry machine so fast. Wish there was a solution to that problem. Good luck with your decision!!!!

foxtail

We had the same setup and had problems with the guards pluging. Think the guards were spearing corn stalks and root balls inour notill beans. We got another 500 flex head and installed a Tiger Jaws TJ2000 sickle. Have run it 2 seasons and are well satisfide. You don't have to fool with shims to adjust the holdowns. Just walk across front with a wrench and snug each holdown to proper clearence. It would be a hard sell to get me to go back to 3" sickle.

dslman

Don't overlook the TigerJaw 2000. It is a very easy system to install and to maintain unlike the old TigerJaw sickles. The 2000 has adjustable hold down clips, no more shims to remove. I have installed these on many Series 2 and Series 3 heads and even a couple IH 1020's. The operators love them. Hopefully Hyper Harvest 1 will see this and respond because they use this system. If your interested in pricing or more installation and operating instuctions contact Hyper Harvest II. All of our customers have been happy with this system and have heard of very few complaints.How 'bout it Hyper I and Hyper II. Can you give this person more info.Good luck and happy harvesting,dslman

Tom

Whatever you do, get rid of that 3 sickle. I didnt know anyone still had them. I would also recommend contacting Hyper II. He can UPS ship the sickles he sells. Good cutting, Tom Russell

Cliff

Has anyone ever tried SCH's knife drives instead of the wobble box driveIJ

Wayne

Our customers seem to like the TJ2000 especially in rocky conditions but we also sell a lot of Crary Gold systems. Both seem to increase the cutting speed. One other improvement is to install a speed up pulley. The standard RPM is 470. This pulley will increase to 510 RPM. You will notice some vibration when running empty at high engine speed but runs pretty smooth when in the crop. I'm at home now and don't have the part number but if you need it ket me know and I can post tomorrow. Take care not to get the pulley for the direct cut head as it will speed the knife too much and cause problems. Wayne

Mic

We had an older head with SCH sections on it and did not like them. It seemed that they were lighter and would not hold an edge as well, especially if we got into rocks or dirt. We were always changing dull or droken sections. We eventually got rid of them. Have you noticed how yours are wearingIJ

Mic

That's good to hear. We had the old tigerjaw system and hated it. We still have old shims laying around the shop and we got rid of it 7 years ago. They were really a pain. I'll have to look into the new system.