Need to replace my electric Craftsman 34119 chainsaw

OhSusanna

OhSusanna

Golden Chicken
My chainsaw died, the warranty has expired, and since there are some things I don't like about it, I figured I'd buy a new one instead of attempting a fix. I definitely don't want another electric chainsaw. I don't want to drag around power resources just to cut something anymore. I also don't like the constant vibrations, but I understand I might have to put up with that. What I liked about the chainsaw was that it cut well and it had an easy to fill oil tank. I could see when it needed oil and when I had poured enough in. That's a handy feature that might not seem like a big deal, but it makes everything easier. I've heard bad things about the Craftsman brand lately, but it's the brand I'm most familiar with and grew up using. Do I need to switch brands? Which chainsaw do you recommend?

Wildlife

Wildlife

Bean Stalker
My chainsaw died, the warranty has expired, and since there are some things I don't like about it, I figured I'd buy a new one instead of attempting a fix. I definitely don't want another electric chainsaw. I don't want to drag around power resources just to cut something anymore. I also don't like the constant vibrations, but I understand I might have to put up with that. What I liked about the chainsaw was that it cut well and it had an easy to fill oil tank. I could see when it needed oil and when I had poured enough in. That's a handy feature that might not seem like a big deal, but it makes everything easier. I've heard bad things about the Craftsman brand lately, but it's the brand I'm most familiar with and grew up using. Do I need to switch brands? Which chainsaw do you recommend?
-----------------------------------------
What size of wood you are cutting?
I have light duty chain saw comfortable to use for trimming up to 6"...T435.

1.jpg

OhSusanna

OhSusanna

Golden Chicken
Hi, Wildlife, I sure appreciate the quick reply! I'm mostly trying to cut away some winter damage on my trees and shrubs that can't be handled by a lopper or pole pruner. I also need to cut up a couple of tree limbs that have fallen. Do you think your Husqvarna 350 chainsaw is a good bet for that? I'm looking online and I see folks using it for firewood so surely it can handle my needs. Or do you think it's too powerful for that and the T435 would be a better fit for me? That brand is a bit pricey, but I don't mind paying for quality tools that last. Would you say your saws are pretty durable? I've been burned a few times after believing reviews. That's why I figured I'd ask here and I appreciate the help.

Wildlife

Wildlife

Bean Stalker
That T435 year model no longer made newer models have chip board of some kind that's why I purchase it,far as 350 done very well for me cutting 16" trees truck loads of fire wood.
Take little time visit your local dealers offer chainsaws hold them up shoulder high to get feel for 15- 20 seconds,also see what different bar lengths are offer.