Combines New Graintank Unloader

northsouthsteven

I do not have clue as to why gleaner would consider following the pack. We have not needed grain carts because of the simple effecency of the gleaner unload. I keep an open mind and if gleaner intends to follow the pack I may join the pack to stay ahead. Gleaner We've spent millions on your iron over the years, please think before you get rid of the reasons people buy gleaner ( as few as we still are ). If a gleaner rep is out there that would like to comment it would be appreciated. thanks steven

CA

My brothers and I visited the SD State Fair at Huron last Friday and talked to a Gleaner representative. The "turret unloader" is an option on the R series, standard on the C62. He said there was some customer request for it and the Massey people liked it, claiming easier unloading to semis and large carts. I agree that the original is best. Will be interesting to see how many opt for this added cost - about $2000 more.

northsouthsteven

I think i got some bad info from a neighbor who went to farmfest. He understood that all of the new gleaners would have the turret unloader. I'm pleased to read your post. What do you know about the sheet metalIJ Will all the new gleaners be painted rather than galvanizedIJ thanks, steven

CA

They are still galvanized but the paint adds a smoother sheen. They look the same, only more consistent in color. The sheet metal is still full galvanized both sides, inside grain tank is not painted for example.