Combines New style AHHC

tbran

probably not your module. first unplug your header harness and see if it still raises. if not your problem is at switch or wire to switch . if you have power on the blue wire going into the module it will raise. if your springs are not touching the raise rod _ blue wire and the blue wire is hot you have a wire rubbing together. This usually occurs right where the wire bends when you raise and lower the header on the rh side of the throat. it will be broke inside the harness and only strippping down and close inspection will reveal the little culprit. the black wire you mention is the ground for the system. If you unplug the harness and and it still raises also try unplugging the harness at the 6 pin disconnect under the console. barring all this remember it takes two to tango. both the master valve and the header raise have to be energized to raise the header. a leaky poppet on the raise side and say a bad diode on the reel lift circuit could possibly cause your head to slowly raise to top if the master is energized. there should be no fire to either valve master or raise with the harnesses disconnected. hope this helps and not too confusing. I think I confused myself but then my hhc is working right now.....:-0) holler back ifn' you still can't get going.. the potetiometer deal will be a $$$$$$ but if thats what cocks yor' pistol....

Ed

Good thought. I first had this happen with the corn head on. That rules out the header switch.

Dan

Ed, I see most headers jult up a bit when header clutch is engaged and I believe it is a flash of currant going to header lift circuit from module. The module would not normally allow more than a jult. I am wondering if the header goes up when you hit the sep. or the header switch. Module should not become active untill header clutch is engaged and header lower button is pressed so I doubt lH harness going down to header. It would be hard to simulate your problem with module tester and it may be showing good but accually be bad. If it is engaging the sep. switch that causes head to raise and normally you need the header clutch on to operate AHHC I would check the diode in brushholder before replacing module. Keep in touch. Dan