Combines no capacity in wht

Dan

Do you have feeder shocks, all forward cylinder bars, and cylinder bars that go all the way to discharge openingIJ If not you need to do so now. And what in the world do you mean by steep pitched double stacked helicalsIJ Also what year is your machine and does it have a chopper or impellerIJ Is it a liquid cooled or airIJ Is this a new problem or oldIJ Is straw wet or dryIJ Whatever the case may be you should be running at front of the pack. let us know what you got. Dan

dpc

My machine is a 1992 R72 air cooled. Conditions are wet or dry. I've only used it for about 30 hrs. so far and only on wheat. A Gleaner is new to me. I don't have feeder shocks or bars going all the way to the discharge opening but all cylinder bars are forward. It has a chopper and by my description of the helicals, I mean the pitch or angle of the helical bars in the cage is the same as on the P1 processor (I'm told). By double stacked I mean the helicals are spaced out to make them about 1_2-5_8" in ht. Also, another symptom it has is the immediate plugging of the cage above the threshing concave (in about 5 ac.) I really dislike the look of this modification compared to the stock helicals. Am I wrongIJ I'm told by several combine experts this is an excellent modification. What do you think, DanIJ Or anyone else in the know.

Dan

You must get shocks installed and bars extended ASAP. They are the single most very massive improvements we have ever made in these machines. Check concave to cylinder clearance to see it is true and level. We have many machines with steep pitched shimmed out helicals and they work as good or better than stock. We have started adding a helical or starting with the helicals right at gearbox wall for the steep pitch kit does not have you starting right at the wall. We also extend that helical over top right opening of feeder just like we do with the third helical in standard helical kit. Some straw will normally sit to the far right above concave. We usually remove panal from top left 1_3 of thresher side so straw can go around front of cage. We also remove covers from top of seperator side if they are still in there. Also be sure chopper is on high and all blades are on. If it seems low on power get the RPM up to 2510, change all three fuel filters, be sure petcock isn't plugging, set the intake and exhaust valves, and pump fuel hand pump quite slow to see if you hear and or fell relief valve in fuel pump reliese. Oh I almost forgot to tell you I add a helical or two toward discharge side of cage for the 68" pitch kit leaves quite a void. I would forsee massive problem in that voided area without extended bars to discharge opening. Hang in there you'll have her singing soon. Dan

MacTech

I have to ask, what in the world is the purpose of a comment like thatIJ If you lOVE John Deere's there's a message board just for you. Stop being childish and immature. That's all comments like that are.

T__langan

Hey Tom, That's probably the newest term used by Deere to describe their new combines since they aren't really a "rotary" and we already have enough of things like STS, CRP, FCS, lDP, PETA, ASPCA, USDA, etc...... Tom langan