One Way To Maximize Profits

Jack L

Jack L

Farm Hand
We all know how hard it is to make a living here. One way to help with this is to write off your equipment lease payments through section 179 when you're filing your taxes.
A dollar saved is a dollar earned.

greg

greg

Farm Hand
We all know how hard it is to make a living here. One way to help with this is to write off your equipment lease payments through section 179 when you're filing your taxes.
A dollar saved is a dollar earned.
Ooh yes, it makes a difference at the end of the day. If every farmer kept this in mind when filing returns, it would be a whole different ball-game out here. Do you pay someone to do your taxes or you file them on your own?

Smarty Plants

Smarty Plants

Farm Hand
I save money by harvesting rain water for the garden and making my own compost. It really adds up over time.
Do you pay someone to do your taxes or you file them on your own?
I don't feel confident doing them on my own, so I pay to have them done professionally. I think it's worth it because they'll represent the business should we get audited.

William Van

William Van

Farm Hand
I keep every piece of paper concerning my operation with numbers on it. I keep them in order of dates, hand over to my tax person and wish her luck. ?

I'll ask her about the 179 though as I never heard of it before.

Logan

Logan

Farm Hand
Thank you for the tip! We write off everything we can to help us save money. All business expenses can be written off, which is very helpful at tax time.