Combines overloaded sieves

Dan

Not much for hills around here but had a guy with a l2 that for years lost grain on the shoe while going up hill and no problem at all going down hill. I had him drill new holes for front of sieve to lower it by about 1.5". Works perfect ever since. Allen head bolts midway from front of sieve to rear needs to be lowered at the same time. I think what it did is gave the chaffer more or better air pattern. Simple enough to try and may work for you. Good luck. Dan

tbran

We used to run walker extentions part n71319728 to lessen the load on the shoe. Bolts to the front of the walkers and puts more MOG on walkers .... like Dan's tip as well.

chad

A Petersen chaffer may do the job also. Has same large holes as the air foil, except you can open and close them, allowing what ever opening size you need.

fish

When you talk about lowering the sieve, I assume you mean the lower cleaning sieve.This sieve has an upper and lower setting, so I also assume you mean 1.5" below the lower setting.I don't recall seeing any allen head bolts, but will take a closer look in the morning.This sounds like a good idea, thanks for the tip.Will also be looking into the walker extentions.

Tom

I think Dan is talking about the bolts on the inside of the shoe that you pivot the sieve on when you are installing it. Tom Russell

Dan

Yes Tom you are right. The allen head bolts are the ones that sieve pivots on to aid installation. That pivot point needs to be lowered when you let front of sieve down that far. Dan