Politics Over The Virus

More Green

More Green

Farm Hand
I know what happened in D.C. on the 6th was historic and should have taken front and center in the news, so I'm glad it did. But even before that, it seems the news focuses more on the election than the continuing Covid crisis. It's getting worse and no one in the media takes it as seriously as I think they should.

Anyone else feel this way?

GrowPro

GrowPro

Farm Hand
CNN, AP News, The Washington Post, The New York Times, and BBC, all have regular reports about the COVID-19 crisis. Sometimes it makes me anxious to keep hearing so much gloom and doom, but lately, they've begun highlighting some good things too which I appreciate. Like those who have overcome the virus, those who learned their lesson about not wearing a mask after a family member got it, and those who are voluntarily making cloth masks for free. The CDC gets a ton of coverage. I've also seen special reports about the frontline workers and the vaccines. Right now they're talking about how the virus is already mutating. That's scary that it happened so quickly. COVID-19 coverage is not something I'm up for hearing all the time though. It gets depressing. I'm not much for politics either.

Nora

Nora

Farm Hand
It's getting worse and no one in the media takes it as seriously as I think they should.

Anyone else feel this way?
I'm like GrowPro, I do see it covered on the news, but I basically stick to CNN and my local paper because I just want the facts, so maybe other sources aren't digging into it that I don't know about. I find some things lacking. I know there's a lot about the virus that we don't know about, but I think a lot gets looked over when it comes to daily coverage. I want to know how the virus affects people after they've healed. I've heard that the virus causes the blood to congeal in some people which can lead to a stroke. I want to hear more about that. Since we know many people have had it now, I want to hear how people can best help themselves AFTER they've had the virus and recovered from the hard part. I'd like to hear about the immunity aspect of it too. It's frustrating that they leave this stuff out.

Holii

Holii

Farm Hand
I check out CNN and FoxNews daily and there is always something about the virus. I think that it seems like less because President Trump and the taskforce isn't giving a daily briefing anymore, possibly?

The Back 40

The Back 40

Farm Hand
Most people I know would rather hear daily briefings from professionals than from Trump. They know more than Trump ever will.

The vaccines are starting to roll out more and more. This should be the beginning of the end of the worst.