Combines potentiometer on flexhead

RJT

If you recall I had a Case IH 1020 30' flex head on my last 9720 White. When pluged in to the wire harness it all worked like it was supposed to. If I had put a Massey head on I would have had to change the massey potentiometers over to the White version and even then they were very expensive - part of the reason I choose the Case IH head after hearing that one of your neighbors had put one on a 8920 White combine. How ever I don't have any idea what the parts thru case IH cost today. By the way I talked to Bill from Dresden Ontario yesterday. He needs some parts that I think you probably can help him with If you don't already have his phone number call me. Ron.

JW

Ron, you had mentioned in an earlier post that you had installed Case IH potentiometers on your white 900 series head and they were compatable. Do you remember what vintage of Case header and combine. I called our IH dealer and he felt they were not compatable. He may have been referring to the ones currently used on today's machine. When I told him I was looking to add to my white 900 series head and we had a 9720 white_massey he was not all that interested. If you recall any details it would be much appreciated. As I recall you only had to change the ends on the wires from the combine. Our module has the dial within the dial. Were the later Massey 8590's a better system, since they dropped the white unitIJ Thanks for your time. Bill