Combines Problems with R62

Kurt

We had a 94 r62 like that, luckly we got it in 1995 so got it all fix under warrenty. 2 motors, 1 transmission and 2 A_c's. But it was a great combine after that. We got to put in a 300 horse Deutz on the 3rd engine

tbran

At the service center they keep a record of all failures reported and when they reach a certain failure level they step in and start the fixing process. You seem to have the luck of hitting all the failures that havn't reached the trigger level. Of all the machines we have we have had one that had the belt throwing problem. The eng gov. was the problem although I didn't believe it til we changed the springs. The almost unhearable change in rpm at high idle coming off load will pull then slack the belt and the result is usually jumping one groove then another then pow. Instead of replacing pump , KC diesel should be able to help. As a dealer or service 'bout this. We have failed one final drive - torqued nut problem- but havn't had a tranny down yet. Will check for any problems or bulletins and post later. Sorry for you real bad luck. How many hours on machine and have you added any of the processor upgrades found hereIJ

Dan

Dennis, Make sure the pump shop installs the rubber drive and recalibrate then your belt problem will be over. I too have never had the tranny out of a R 40 thru 70 or R42 thru 72. I have had them bolts come loose and shear on a R7. We pulled differential out with trans. still in place and replaced the bolts. Didn't have any further damage and had him going in about three hours. Sorry about your bad string of luck. Dan