Puzzle help

The Big Cowhuna

Golden Chicken
I'm working a puzzle that doesn't have the answers in the back. I tried googling for the answer, but it wasn't any help. So, what word means to strengthen or support. It's a seven-letter word, so buttress won't work, which is what I originally thought it would be. Any help is much appreciated. It's driving me crazy!

Katie

Farm Hand
Here's my list:
1. bolster
2. budgets
3. finance
4. comfort
5. assists
6. fortify
I immediately thought of "financial", but that word won't fit your criteria. Maybe "financial" words will help.

Henderson

Golden Chicken
I work puzzles all the time to keep my mind going. Try one of these: cushion, propped, carried, sustain, or endured.
I immediately thought of "financial", but that word won't fit your criteria. Maybe "financial" words will help.

If you're taking that route try: backing, subsidy, donated, or funding.

The Big Cowhuna

Golden Chicken
6. fortify
Fortify for the win! Thank you so much. That was truly driving me crazy. Some of the circled letters formed a sentence at the bottom and fortify works perfectly.

@Henderson, you also offered excellent guesses! I appreciate it! Give me a holler if you're ever stuck on a puzzle in the future, and maybe I can help.

Henderson

Golden Chicken
@Henderson, you also offered excellent guesses! I appreciate it! Give me a holler if you're ever stuck on a puzzle in the future, and maybe I can help.
Thanks for the offer. I'll send you a message if I'm ever stuck. I'm glad that you found the correct answer to your puzzle. Things like that drive me crazy too.