Combines R 40 Upgrades

tbran

Sure, if one doesn't want to pop those hard earned bucks you can make your own wide spaced bars by cutting everyother ridge out with torch and grinder then rebalanceing if you desire the wide spaced bars; you can cut your discharge paddles and extend the cyl bars with same approach.. go to tips then upgrades the p3 and browse and use your time and save the $. If you have questions as to upgrades some of the guys here will be glad to help as to your specific needs per crop conditions... good luck

T__langan

I'll answer you last question as to what to check. First thing I would do if I were you is to disassemble the drive for the upper feeder chain. Remove the pulley and pull the slip clutch off of the shaft - it is splined. Check for wear - there will probably be some but might not be severe enough to replace. Grease the splines well and reassemble. Do this at least once a year. We learned the hard way when the shaft splines got ruined and we had to replace the shaft. Make sure your concave is level. Go over your engine and make certain that all the oil coolers are clean as well as the fins on the cylinder jugs. Might also want to check the fan for wear. Good luck!

Dan

Tom, To save you the trouble of pulling slip clutch off yearly and to keep rear feed pulley running straight. Get yourself a washer,oring,longer bolt,and a couple of grease zirks for that exact location off of a R60 or R70 with P3. I have seen them belts crawl over the edge of that pulley when under power and snap the belt. The washer keeps it all straight and zirks will allow you to sneak that yukky old grease gun onto it and make them splines oh so happy. Happy harvesting. Dan

T__langan

Dan - glad you mentioned that! I thought I remembered some some discussion about this last fall sometime but I didn't print it out like I normally do. Will check into this..... Thanks again!