Combines R40 Capacity

tbran

suggest upgrading brother with a part n Ic12 rear view mirror set. :)-) BTW all metal breaks look like that.... might have a used one if you need it.

T__langan

Wow, you made quite a jump from that F2 to an R40! Glad you likw your machine. We had an R40 once for about six months (our 1st rotary Gleaner) and traded it for an R50. The R40 was a nightmare for us - extreme slugging and lack of power. Burn rotor belt off in 40 hours of use. Had we known some of the things I have learned here on Gleaner Talk, I could've gotten that baby to sing as well as yours. I now know we had a SERIOUS feeding problem in the feederhouse that could have been easily corrected and the mods talked about here could have cured the power shortage. Oh well, live and learn! You'll have to watch those spindles (or your brother!). We broke one on our R50 a few years ago while turning on a headland filled with gopher mounds that had frozen. These rotaries are MUCH heavier on the rear that the conventionals were. When we encounter mud, the rear end is the first to sink. When you jack that rear end up to fix that spindle, you'll know what I mean! Empty the hopper first!! Good luck and happy Gleanerin'