Combines R72 dimensions

tbran

R72 Height 141" extentions down, length 303" w_o header width 160"

The_Red

Thanks for the info. Now if I can get them Deere boys to respond. I was planning on 30 foot in depth so 1,500 square feet. Going to also have an opening on both the north and south ends so I can pull hoppers through if it starts to rain. If I am going to spend $15,000, might as well do it right.

tbran

BTW- Flenties , lynn Ronnebam, sells a pretty slick (or at least he used to ) roll over tarp for the Gleaners. 913 284-3401 last n I have on him. Have you compared the weight of these twoIJ The R72 delivers a super capacity in a compact package. I have never had a structural failure on a Gleaner w_ RWA (with the exception of a few final drive nuts backing off the early F2's). The Gleaners are built on a WElDED one piece frame that is prestressed, straightend and then precision machined for all bearing locations. All shafts are ordered oversize and then machined down to a perfect straightness. No bolt together construction here. little things make a big difference. Also something that seems to be different in the Deere rotary is they are still using a relatively small threshing area then separating with a tine or spike system. This gives good capacity but in tough conditions the Gleaner gets the nod as to gentle complete threshing. The folks here have ways to fine tune the Gleaners to really make them perform. Click on the TIPS to your left, then click on upgrades and kind of shop around to see in the format if you have any of the tough harvesting conditions that the guys have found upgrades to overcome. The Gleaner is great out of the box but a little tweaking makes them a real source of pride in the field .

The_Red

I have been reading all the different topics. No question there are some nice mods for the Gleaners which the Deeres lack. Seems like you should get 30 years out of one if maintained properly. Out by my farm in East Central Indiana, I would say there are a few more Deeres than Gleaners but not by much. I did see one of the big Rs running over at Modoc 2 weekends ago. He had a 25 or 30 foot table and was eating up a bunch of soybeans. He had a new 750 hopper that he was dumping in. Nice settup. I was running with a JD 6620 with a 15 foot table and dumping in 3 250 bu. hoppers. We had all sorts of problems getting semi trailers this year so we could just dump directly into the trailer.

T__langan

tbran's right, the Gleaner frame is bulletproof and will stand up to ANYTHING. I believe this is an Axial-Flow's biggest weakness. If you ever look close at their frame, it looks like you could build a stronger one from a kid's erector set! I've heard of Axials with RWA buckling in the middle due to the added stress from the arse-end pushing. Other than that, they ain't bad combines, but they ain't a Gleaner either. Tom l.

The_Red

Rolf I thought about that. We have enough roll that a 20 foot head would be the largest we would use around here. Also I would have to make the shed deeper to account for the length of the heads. Appreciate your thoughts.