Combines R72 sucking straw into radiator

Kurt

You are not alone with this problem. We have also had this same problem so if anyone has any suggestion please fill us in

Sando

Check the foam gasket that is supposed to reside between the frame and the radiator tank at the top. They have a habit of heading off and leaving a gap that rubbish can get sucked through.

Dan

No problem boys. Very quick and easy to get yourself a piece of 1_4" rubber belting that is 18" X 24". Hang it down from the front outer stripper next to rotary screen. Cut it to fit fairly good to outer and inner panel. Drill it and bolt it to present stripper. That will prevent chaff from going around and around screen while all that time some sneaking in between sawtooth shaped blades and side panel then into radiator. Works great. To fine tune it even more check post on 12_2_98 and 2_10_99. Good luck and keep her cool. Dan

Kurt

Gosh you mean we paid this much for a new combine and they shorted us a piece of rubber belting. Just wait till my dealer hears of this,(I know they didn't short us they just haven't engineered it yet) I hope he gets after some engineer that hasn't been reading these post and all of these great modifcations. Thanks alot for your help