Combines Removing feeder house

Old_Pokey

What tires are on the frontIJ I have 30.5x32s and used an innertube deflator to pull all the air out of the right tire. This deformed the tire enough in one spot that I was able to jack the combine up and rotate the tire to where the indent lined up with the cross shaft. Then i was able to remove the shaft out the right side and reinstall with the new sprockets and stripper plates. I did this on a 1680. Should work the same for you if you have enough tire sidewall to allow it. But then I have'nt been around a 2366, so..........

Unit_2

There are two different ways to remove the feeder house. In my shop I use an engine hoist or some guys call it a cherry picker hoist to hold the back of the feeder up, disconnect everything and pull it away from the combine. I think a tractor loader or fork lift would work also. The other way would be to leave it connected to the header and disconnect everything from the combine, block it up and back the combine away from it.

560man

Here's what we like to do: Use a tractor loader (preferrably with forks) under the front of the feeder with a chain hooked to the top of the front plate to hold the back of the feeder up. Then you just use the loader to get the weight off the cylinder pins, pop them out (front ones),pop out the pins at the feeder pivot, and back away with the loader. Reverse to reinstall. In the past we have tried removing the shaft with it on the combine but the feeder is easier to work on if you've got it off the combine. We have also blocked up the feeder and backed away from it with the combine, but it is more difficult to get it back on this way. Excluding the time for hardware removal, the removal or installation takes about five minuts with our method (which I believe is the way the dealer does it in town.)

Old_Pokey

Really I'm not very "creative" Brodale, I'm just too "lazy" to take that heavy tire off.:)